Developing and Connecting to Cybersecurity Leaders Globally: Colorado Springs Chapter (ISSA-COS) members are part of the International Organization which is a community of international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
Top 10 Reasons Cybersecurity Professionals Join ISSA
- Build Professional relationships – associate with 400-500 members in the Colorado Springs chapter
- Keep up on developments in information security/risk/privacy
- Receive valuable content of chapter meetings – lunch and dinner meetings, free conferences
- Attain professional development and educational programming – Sec +, CISSP, others
- Earn CPEs/CEUs
- Learn practical/best practices solutions through interacting with other professionals
- Hear about inside career information and employment opportunities
- Give back to the cybersecurity profession
- Develop the next generation of cybersecurity professionals—active student membership
- Achieve recognition through speaking and writing opportunities
Deepen existing business relationships and make new contacts on a regular and on-going basis. The networking opportunities ISSA provides goes beyond the exchange of business cards. As you attend ISSA-COS meetings, become an active member of a committee or leadership role, you will forge lasting ties with others who all have common professional interests and similar business concerns. These relationships will be rich, ongoing sources of inspiration and ideas. Learn what other IS professionals in this area are doing, and share your experience and successes with colleagues. Contacts developed through networking are extremely beneficial for benchmarking security practices and as a resource for professional development.
How to Become a Member: Join online at: https://www.issa.org/ and be sure to select Colorado Springs as your chapter of choice.
Paid Student Membership Program:
Unique to the Colorado Springs and Baltimore chapters of the ISSA, the “Freemium” Student Membership is available. Qualified students receive a 1 year paid membership to ISSA and the Colorado Springs ISSA chapter. This benefit is renewable as long as the applicant remains eligible. Please review the presentation on the Freemium program (below) and see if it is right for you! Qualified students select “Freemium Student” during the ISSA registration process.
Need More Information: Send an e-mail to email@example.com