Developing and Connecting to Cybersecurity Leaders Globally: Colorado Springs Chapter (ISSA-COS) members are part of the International Organization which is a community of international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
Top 10 Reasons Cybersecurity Professionals Join ISSA
- Build Professional relationships – associate with 400-500 members in the Colorado Springs chapter
- Keep up on developments in information security/risk/privacy
- Receive valuable content of chapter meetings – lunch and dinner meetings, free conferences
- Attain professional development and educational programming – Sec +, CISSP, others
- Earn CPEs/CEUs
- Learn practical/best practices solutions through interacting with other professionals
- Hear about inside career information and employment opportunities
- Give back to the cybersecurity profession
- Develop the next generation of cybersecurity professionals—active student membership
- Achieve recognition through speaking and writing opportunities
Deepen existing business relationships and make new contacts on a regular and on-going basis. The networking opportunities ISSA provides goes beyond the exchange of business cards. As you attend ISSA-COS meetings, become an active member of a committee or leadership role, you will forge lasting ties with others who all have common professional interests and similar business concerns. These relationships will be rich, ongoing sources of inspiration and ideas. Learn what other IS professionals in this area are doing, and share your experience and successes with colleagues. Contacts developed through networking are extremely beneficial for benchmarking security practices and as a resource for professional development.
How to Become a Member: Join online at: https://www.issa.org/ and be sure to select Colorado Springs as your chapter of choice.
Student Membership Program:
The Colorado Springs Chapter offers a free student membership to eligible students who meet the criteria established by ISSA. Contact the Colorado Springs chapter membership team at email@example.com to determine eligibility. If you don’t meet the criteria for the free membership, you may still meet the criteria for a reduced-price student membership. We’ll be happy to help determine which membership type is right for you.
Need more information or just have questions: Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org